Sunday, October 6, 2013

Vomit, diarrhea, bloody nose, hives...what's next?

What a week it's been here at the Veldman residence. If I were you, I wouldn't get to close. In the past week we've had the Ava's vomit episode (thankfully a one time deal), diarrhea from both kids (which I think has finally subsided today), blood noses from Ava on Tuesday, and now hives.  On Thursday Ava's face and arms had hives on them before bed.  She didn't eat anything new so I wasn't sure what was going on.  Needless to say, I was up almost on the hour to go and check on her to make sure that her airway wasn't closing up from hives (obviously she was fine).  The hives went away on their own and were completely gone by Friday morning when she woke up.  I then get a phone call from Cyndi Friday mid-morning saying that Ava's face and hands/wrists are covered with hives.  I called our pediatrician and she said it's probably caused by a virus and to just give her benadryl every 6 hours.  Well by the time that Cyndi got home with the kids the hives were gone.  They made another appearance Saturday around noon, and then a few popped up again this afternoon.  I'm hoping she doesn't get them again tomorrow for preschool.  I would hate for them to kick her out on "pink day, doughnut party day, and her share day".  Big day at preschool I'd say.  :)

In spite of all the ailments going through this house, we had a good weekend.  Nate was gone this weekend, drinking his way through Chicago with his brother and friends for Wes's bachelor party.  So it was the kids and me.  Ava and I got some extra snuggle time during Grant's naps which I loved.  We also go to go to Janna's bridal shower on Saturday.  It was great to see everybody.  Unfortunately Grant isn't quite the social butterfly that Ava was at his age.  He clung to me most of the time.  Hopefully this is a short stage!

Nate got home this afternoon.  Unfortunately it was rainy and cold out so we didn't get to spend anytime outside after naptime.  It was nice to have everybody home again.  Hope that you all had a great weekend!
Saturday morning was definitely a robe and fireplace kind of morning.  Ava (and Teddy of course) snuggled into mommy and daddy's bed for some cartoons before breakfast. 
Happy, especially when he's eating
Our little photographer Ava took this picture of Grant on my phone.  She is obsessed with taking pictures.
At the bridal shower
Aunt Carolyn getting an upper body workout holding Grant
Nana had her hands full with these two little monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment