Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Stomach bug

Not a whole lot new to report since the last update. The kids spent a lot of time at Cyndi's (the babysitter) this past week. I worked 3 days, and then they went on Saturday while I tried to sleep in preparation for my 12 hr nights and Nate was at the IA/MN game (don't ask who won).

Last Tuesday I got a call from Cyndi while I was at work saying Grant had a fever of 102. Nate was able to leave work early to go and pick him up. He slept all afternoon while Nate worked from home. By the next morning he was fever free and feeling good. Fast forward to Saturday where the poop began. We thought that it was maybe something he ate (beans) that was causing the bad diapers. However, by Monday it was out of control. He had 5 blowouts, and Cyndi had to give him a bath. He had another one this morning so we headed to the pediatrician. She said that this is going around and lasts 3-5 days. I'm hoping that today was the last day for Grant. I'm just praying that Ava doesn't get it. She threw up on Sunday morning, which was completely random. She did have some diarrhea today, but nothing she couldn't get to the bathroom for. I already called in sick to work tomorrow since I don't want Cyndi and her family to get this bug. Hopefully Grant wakes up clean for the first time this week! As for the rest of the week we have preschool, ECFE, work, and then this weekend we're heading to Aunt Janna's bridal shower while Daddy spends the weekend in Chicago for Uncle Wes's bachelor party. Hopefully the bugs will be out of the house by then!
Ava helping decorate Daddy's birthday cake
The rest of these were taken on Grant's 11 month "birthday".  I could not get this child to sit still.  His 1 yr pictures will be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment