Monday, February 11, 2013

The weekend

We survived the weekend and what was supposed to be a big snowstorm. Luckily the forecast sounded much worse than what actually happened. The roads were slick, but if you took your time they were fine.  I worked my 12 hr day shifts, which left Nate to man the house with the two kids.  It was a trying weekend for him, as Grant spent a lot of those days crying.  I'm not sure if it was his ears or what.  He finished up his antibiotic this morning.  So far he has been good, but we'll see what the afternoon is like.  Hopefully he has turned the corner and is on the mend.  It was awful listening to him cry (scream) on the other end of the phone and there was nothing I could do.  Poor little guy! 

Saturday morning Aunt Sandy and cousin Olivia came to visit.  Ava said that she had a lot of fun playing with Olivia.  It was so nice of them to come and visit, and I'm sure that Nate appreciated the extra set of hands since Grant was cranky.  That evening Lauryn and Dave came to watch Ava and Grant while Nate went to Uncle Wes and Aunt Janna's engagement party.  I was bummed that I had to miss it!  I got home a little after 8:00 and Grant was in bed but Ava wasn't home.  She and Dave went out to get dinner for Lauryn and Dave and they got lost.  Ava comes strolling in the house at 8:30 with an Icy.  Yeah, one of those sugar filled drinks with ice.  Bright blue it was, and she was so proud and happy about it.  I chuckled, thinking that I would never give that to her during the day, let alone when it's past her bed time.  She had a great time with them though, and that's the important thing.

Hope that you all had a good weekend!

Grant watching the Super Bowl in his sleep sack last weekend

A half smile with some drool during tummy time.  He did actually roll over on to his back this day.  Fairly certain it was an accident and he would have no clue how to do it again. 
Olivia and Ava doing some coloring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment