Monday, June 18, 2012

A plan

We finally have a plan regarding where we will be living in a few months, and I couldn't be more relieved  This has been hanging over our heads for the past month and I was stressed beyond belief.  After quite the ordeal, Nate finally called me on Friday and said that we had a deal.  We will be building a new home in Apple Valley.  We should be signing papers today to get this show on the road.  The big downfall is that they won't start building for another 4-6 weeks which means that the house won't be done until November.  Believe me, I am not happy about not having our own house to bring my baby home to.  However, I have to try to think more long term and know that we will eventually be in there and will love it.  We close on our town home at the end of July and will then be moving in with Mema & Boppa until the new house is complete.  Now it's time to start packing and looking for a new daycare.

We had our ultrasound on Wednesday morning.  Everything looks great.  I would post a couple of pictures from the CD that we have, but I have yet to look at all of the images since I know that there are a few on there that show the sex of the baby.  As of right now, there is a sealed envelope with the pictures on the counter downstairs.  We had said that once we bought a house we would go out for a nice dinner to celebrate the new house and find out the sex of the baby.  Maybe we'll have some time to do that later this week.  In all honesty it's not killing me to find out like I thought it would be.  I thought the sealed envelope would taunt me every time that I walked by, but it hasn't.  Perhaps it's because we've just been so busy.  Also, we didn't find out if Ava was going to be a boy or a girl and I didn't think that was a big deal.  If we weren't moving and trying to make each transition a little easier on ourselves, I'm not sure if we would find out the sex or not.  Either way, it's exciting.

We were gone again this past weekend.  Ava & I left with  Mema Friday morning for the cabin and Nate worked from St. Cloud so that he would have a shorter commute to the cabin on Friday evening.  It was great, he was there in time for dinner on Friday.  That sure beats arriving at 11:00 at night with a toddler who gets her second wind after sleeping in the car.  Our friends Josh, Kate, and Tate joined us on Saturday and stayed until Sunday.  The weather left a bit to be desired, but it was great to get to spend some time with them and catch up.  Tate is adorable, and may be the most laid back and happy baby that I have ever met.  Ava woke up nice and early on Sunday to make sure that she was the first to say Happy Father's Day to everybody.  Thankfully she took a nice long nap and was very good on the way home. 

We hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and a belated Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

The water was definitely chilly, but when you're two I guess it doesn't bother you even if your teeth are chattering.  She was also super pumped to use her Mickey floaty.

Daddy & Ava playing in the water
This girl can not get enough fruit.
No better way to spend the day than a picnic on the pontoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment