Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Out of sight, but not out of mind

I don't have any pictures to post because I've hardly seen my baby girl in the past week.  Ava left Thursday afternoon with Mema and Boppa and headed to the cabin.  She made sure to get them up bright and early Friday morning.  Daddy joined them Friday evening while I spent the weekend at work.  Ava enjoyed her time visiting everybody including Grandpa Ed (the neighbor at the cabin), helping Boppa mow, and riding the pontoon.  She can't wait to help Boppa mow again is what she told me  earlier this week.  She was in bed by the time I got home Sunday night. 

Monday Ava spent the day at daycare with her friends and got to spend the evening with Lauryn and Dave while Nate, Mema, and I headed to Apple Valley to pick out flooring, counters, etc for the new house.  It's finally becoming real!  I just wish that the building would start now.  They don't break ground until August.  Ava and I did get to spend a little time together Tuesday morning.  It was gorgeous out and we headed to the park in the morning.  That afternoon we were off for another road trip...to IA.  We met Aunt Lisa and Zack in Clear Lake for dinner and then Ava went home with them until Friday.  Zack and Reece requested that they get to spend a couple of days with her.  They will all be coming up on Friday afternoon so that we can spend the weekend together at the cabin. 

I have to say that I almost cried when I left the parking lot in Clear Lake.  I've been away from her for 3 days before, but she was with her Daddy.  She's never been away from both of us for this long before.  I know that she's having a great time with her cousins.  There are days when I think that I would do anything for a few days by myself.  However, when she's not here I can't help but think about her constantly and hope that she's having fun and is happy (I have no doubt that we're missing her more than she's missing us right now).  I called Lisa earlier today and the kids were in the pool, she was having a blast.  Nate called her tonight and she answered the phone, "I'm so tired, I need to go to sleep" in her whiny voice.  Hopefully she sleeps well and wakes up refreshed and happy in the morning. 

Nate and I are going to take advantage of our time alone tomorrow evening.  We made reservations for dinner and will be taking the sealed envelope off the counter and opening it to find out the sex of the baby.  I'm hoping that the ultrasound tech put a note in their to clarify the sex, rather than just the pictures.  We'll keep you all posted on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment