Friday, November 4, 2011

Vagina

That's right, I said it...and so does Ava. Ava has been "exploring" herself the past couple of weeks while taking her baths. This freaks Nate out beyond belief. He usually starts yelling for me and tells me to make her stop. I laugh and try to explain that it's normal. I told her the other day that it's her vagina, just as I told her what her knee is. She repeated it a few times and we were done. Now I'm just praying that she doesn't start yelling "vagina" while in the church nursery on Sunday morning. :)

Speaking of those parts I keep forgetting to update you all on the potty training. Remember the last time that I posted that she peed on the potty. Well, that's the last time that she did it. She still loves to sit on her potty, but it's more of a recreational activity and time for her to play with her ducks. She'll sometimes pretend like she's trying, grunting and then saying "hard". I'm in no rush, she'll figure it out eventually.

As for the past couple of days. Ava got to have a play date with Cora & her mommy Kristi on Thursday. We were so happy to see them, as it has been awhile. We went to story time at the local library. The girls had fun readying, singing, and playing. Then they came over for some lunch. I am amazed at how well Cora plays by herself. If I could get Ava to do that for 10 minutes I would be happy. We hope to see them again sometime soon. That afternoon we headed to the park, as we could not pass up the gorgeous weather. I know that there aren't many more of these days before the snow starts to fly. Ava had so much fun running around the "dino park", going up and down the slides more times than I can count.

Today we started the day off with a trip to the gym. Ava has had a persistent cough for about 3 weeks now, accompanied by a darn runny nose. The cough was worse today so it was recommended to by the pediatrician to bring her in. They told me exactly what I thought...she has a cold. The same cold that every other child in the twin cities has right now. Unfortunately she is to young for any sort of cough medicine. She's still eating fine (shocking I know) and is in good spirits (except for that annoying whining when she doesn't get things her way). So we'll just wait it out. She did get weighed at her appt. I think that she was just over 30 pounds, and was 34 inches tall. No wonder I can't lift my kid as high as everybody else during her music class!

I'm off to work my 12 hour shifts this weekend, luckily the day shift. Ava will be loved on by Daddy, Grandma, & Boppa. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your extra hour!


Ava going in for a kiss while Cora tries to escape
She couldn't get enough of the slides!



Her favorite...Dino!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud reading the name of this post :) You are doing awesome with potty training and you are good to not be in a rush one day she will just start doing it!

    ReplyDelete