Tuesday, November 15, 2011

City girls visit Benton County

Last Wednesday morning Ava and I packed the car up and headed south. Destination: Grandma & Grandpa Becker's Grandma had agreed to meet us in Clear Lake since I didn't want to drive the five hours by myself with Ms. Ava. We set out on time, leaving the house at 8:30. As we were driving through St. Paul Ava fussed and I turned around to see what she was trying to say. As I turned around she began to vomit all over her blankie that I had just handed her, her clothes, her car seat...you get the picture. I immediately switch lanes to take the next exit so we can stop at the nearest ghetto gas station as I think to myself, "seriously kid, you have never thrown up in your life and you choose right now to do it.". I called Grandma to tell her we would now be running behind and gathered up the baby wipes to fish out the grapes and waffle from breakfast as well as the cheese filled tortellini from dinner the night before. Oh how that smell wakes you up. Of course Ava's diaper bag full of clothes was at the back of the trunk. So, I unpack half the trunk to get her stuff out and go into the ghetto bathroom that has no changing station. I'm sure the people outside were wondering if I was abusing my kid as she cried and screamed for her blankie which I was rinsing the vomit out of in the sink. I then took off her nasty clothes and as she was running around naked crying some lady opens the door (Ava must have grabbed the handle and unlocked it earlier). She looks at us and apologizes. I'm sure that she thought that I was a homeless woman washing up my naked kid in the bathroom and doing laundry in the sink. Oh so classy! So, we got back on the road with a car that smelled of vomit and Ava snuggled up to her wet nasty smelling blanket that she refused to give up. The rest of the drive went smoothly and we still made it to Clear Lake on time.

We had a great time visiting with everybody while we were back. Besides Grandma & Grandpa Becker Ava also got to see Aunt Darlene, Aunt Moe Moe, Uncle Carl, Aunt Virgie, cousins Sara, Daniel, Carl, Anna, Jakob, Zacky, and Reece, Aunt Lisa, Aunt Angie, Grandma Great, Great Grandma, a few of Grandma's co-workers. She was so excited to see every body that she woke up around 6:15 every morning. She continues to do so, and actually woke up at 5:00 this morning (I put her down again until 6:00). Day light savings time change has not been kind to us!

We had an action packed few days in IA. We did a lot of shopping, reading, and playing before heading back home to MN on Sunday morning. I'll let the pictures tell the story. I know that there are a lot of pictures, I have about 20 more that I really wanted to share as well. :) Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for a Wonderful few days. We had so much fun!!!


Ava enjoyed a much needed bubble bath in Grandma's "big tub" when we arrived there on Wednesday.
Thursday was evidently "vest day" I'm sure that we looked "so cute" walking around the outlet mall together. We met Aunt Lisa & cousin Reece on Thursday morning and went shopping all morning and into the afternoon. Aunt Lisa & Reece then came back to spend the rest of the week with us at Grandma & Grandpa's.
Grandma didn't go shopping, but somehow ended up wearing a white vest that day as well.
We started Friday morning at the mall again and then went to the Play Station. The kids had a great time and gave Grandma a good workout as she climbed through the tubes, went down the slides, and played in the balls with Ava & Reece.
Ava, Grandma, & Reece getting ready to come down the slide
Playing in the balls
Peek-a-boo
After nap time we went to Aunt Moe Moe's to "ride the pony". Ava wasn't too sure. We did get her to sit on it for a short while with Reece. She's much happier combing the pony's hair though
Yes, I rode bareback and went fast.
Ava & Mommy on Seven
This is one of my favorite pictures.
Ava having a nice conversation with one of the kitties
Ava, Carl, & Reece
Grandma & Ava

We met up with Grandma Great, Aunt Angie, and cousins Anna & Jakob for dinner on Friday night.
Grandpa & Ava reading nursery rhymes
Baking cookies on Saturday morning. Daddy got some when we got home and LOVES them.
One exhausted little girl (perhaps she shouldn't get up at 6 am)
Friday afternoon we made a trip into the fire station.
Ava working the controls
After we arrived home from the fire station it was time for a tractor ride. Ava even wore her pioneer hat. She loved driving while cousin Reece & Grandma rode.

Reece & Ava playing in the bucket of the tractor
Ava & Grandma Great

No comments:

Post a Comment