Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Black Friday shopping

Yes, it's been awhile since I have visited the blog. Partially because there hasn't been too much exciting stuff to update, and partially because I haven't been home (and awake) long enough to do it. Sadly enough I haven't even downloaded any pictures on to the computer since the last update. I promise, I'll get an update up with some pictures next week.
We hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was pretty low key. We spent the morning with Mema and Boppa and then had a very delicious lunch over there. I unfortunately had to work that evening so I headed out as Ava went down for her nap. Ava did get some play time with Uncle Wes and Janna, which she enjoyed.
Friday brought "Black Friday" which I've never taken part in. This year, however, I decided that I would stop at the mall on my way home from work since some of the stores opened at midnight (which I still think is crazy). I pulled into Macy's at 12:07 am and there were already people coming out with bags. I could not believe how many people came out at midnight to go shopping. Macy's seemed ok, but Herberger's was a mad house. You honestly could not walk in there. I walked in and walked right back out. I don't think that there is any deal that was worth fighting that crowd. I did find a pair of shoes for Nate at Macy's, which is what I was after. I promptly left the crazy people to shop without me.
Nate also went shopping on Black Friday. His purchase, however, was a bit larger than a pair of shoes. He & Boppa cleaned out the truck and headed to Winona. We decided to join the stereotype of a suburban family, and Nate came home with a Chevy Traverse while leaving his boyhood dream of owning a truck back in Winona. As much as he loved his truck, he is quickly embracing the idea of a SUV. I think that the XM radio and heated leather seats helps. :)
I worked my 12 hour night shifts this weekend so that meant that Ava & Daddy were kicked out of the house during the day so that I could try to sleep. Daddy headed out into the icky cold weather to watch the Gopher's football game after some tailgating. I suppose that the cold was worth it, the gophers actually won! Ava got to spend the day snuggled up with Mema & Boppa at their house, I'm assuming playing toys and reading lots of books.
This week has been pretty low key. Ava spent Monday at day care, Tuesday evening was music class, yesterday Lauryn came over to play while I went to work, and this morning we went to story time at the library. Ava has been busy singing all week long. We've heard lots of Old McDonald and the ABC song. She has her ABCs down and loves to sing them for you. Don't try to sing along either, she'll stop and yell "no" and then start over. She has got some attitude lately! She's still dealing with this persistent cough. I'm hoping that it doesn't last too much longer. It doesn't seem to bother her much, however it does keep us awake in the wee hours of the morning.
I hope that you are all doing well and are getting in the Christmas spirit. I'm hoping to get our tree and other decorations up next weekend. It's a little late for me, as I love sitting on the couch at night looking at the tree all lit up, the stockings hanging, and smelling the aroma of the tree. It's just so cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment