Monday, November 8, 2010

Mommy's 1st night away

Saturday morning Nate and I left for Decorah to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary. It would be my first night away from Miss Ava. Daddy dropped her off at Grandma & Grandpa's with a bag full of toys, bottles, clothes, and a short list of instructions. She was so excited to go to Grandma & Grandpa's that she woke up at 6:00 and talked about it for an hour in her crib until we went and got her.

Nate and I met up with our friend Tommy for lunch, and then went to Luther's campus. We were both super disappointed to find that the bookstore had closed 2 hour prior to our arrival. We had big plans to expand Ava's wardrobe with Luther gear. So watched the rest of the Luther football game and then headed to the Bed & Breakfast that we were staying at for the night. We then had a wonderful dinner at a place that we had not been to before (it's a place that was opened by a Luther grad that Nate knows 3 years ago) We finished the evening by going to see a movie. We haven't seen a movie since the week before Ava was born.

I was a good girl, and only called once the whole evening to see how Ava was doing. I of course missed her, but knew that she was in good hands. It was so nice for Nate and I to get away and have some time to ourselves. We really enjoyed the quiet time for just the two of us, but also loved seeing Ava's smiles when we walked into Grandma & Grandpa's. Thank you so so much Grandma & Grandpa. Nate and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend, and I have no doubt that Ava did as well!

We were in need of a hat as we ran to the mailbox, and Daddy's hat was on the top of the pile in the closet. I think she liked it.


Modeling her leg warmers and a random shirt Saturday morning for b-fast, before it was bath time

This is what a weekend at Grandma & Grandpa's will do to a little girl!

I think Uncle Wes enjoyed the snuggle time. She was pretty comfortable in his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment