Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's here

Like it or not, winter is here. We got out first snow on Saturday, and it wasn't just a little bit. We got around 8 inches. I woke up early for work on Saturday morning and the ground was already covered. Driving to work was a bit scary, but I made it. Had I been able to sit on the couch all day and watch it fall, it would have been beautiful! I'm kind of sad that I was working. I would have loved to have taken Ava out in her little snowsuit and watch her experience snow for the first time. Oh well, there will unfortunately be plenty of snow to come.

We don't have a whole lot to update. Ava got to spend some time with Daddy this past weekend. He took her over to Uncle Wes's house to hang out. I heard they had a great time. After church on Sunday Daddy and Ava went to Grandma and Grandpa's as well. I worked Monday evening so Ava got to hang with Daddy once again. Yesterday Ava and I went to the gym and then went shopping with Grandma while I got new tires put on my car (wish I would have had those on Saturday). Today Ava and I ran to Target and that's about it. It hit me today that it's going to be a very long winter. It's really hard to not be able to go outside. We're so used to going for long walks or over to the park. I'm afraid that we both might get bored and go stir crazy before spring comes. Luckily we have daily plans for the next week.

We hope that your week is going well and that you're all looking forward to the upcoming holidays. Some of my immediate family is coming up here to celebrate this year...we can't wait to see them!!!


Ava's new soft and snugly coat. Daddy's response to it was, "I didn't realize that a baby girl needs 6 coats". Silly Daddy, how did he not know that? :)



I just love her!!! She's becoming so much more animated and has become quite a little chatter box.


Our Big girl. She looks so old to me here.

She loves playing with her blocks

1 comment:

  1. She is growing up so fast and is such a beauty. The winters are hard when they are so young and you are stuck inside, but I'm sure you will have lots of fun things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete