Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Friends

Last night we got to spend a wonderful evening with friends. Ava's friend Cora came over to play, and brought our friends Mike & Kristi with her. Cora amazed us with her mobility. She's rolling everywhere, and was even up on all fours rocking back and forth. Ava was impressed as she looked on, sitting and sucking her thumb. :) Ava seems to have no motivation or interest to crawl, or even roll across the room. I guess it makes it easier to watch her for the time being. She'll get there on her own time, I know! It was so nice to catch up with Mike & Kristi, and Ava is already looking forward to our next play date.
Ava and I ran a couple of errands today, and don't have much on the schedule for tomorrow. Friday afternoon she'll go to day care while I work an evening shift, and then it's off to Grandma & Grandpa V's on Saturday morning. Nate and I are going to Decorah on Saturday and will return home on Sunday. We're going down for a late celebration of our anniversary. It will be my first night away from Ava. I'm feeling ok about it. It's been 8 1/2 months and I know that she's in good hands. It will be good for Nate and I to get away for a night. I'm hoping for good weather in Decorah so that we can spend some time outside enjoying the beautiful town. and visiting Luther's campus.


She's been sucking her thumb more (it used to just be when she was going to sleep). She now has a little sore on her thumb from sucking it so much.

Look at those cuties! They are so funny together, looking at each other and "playing toys"


No comments:

Post a Comment