Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary

What a difference three years makes....

Three years ago yesterday Nate and I had the second most amazing day our lives. It's hard to believe that it's been three years since our wedding day, as we remember every detail so well. The weather was beautiful, we were surrounded by so many of our friends and family, and it was a truly perfect and carefree day. Now, I sit here today and pray that some day our daughter will be able to find a man who will make her happy, and experience the joys that I have...plus some. Life has changed so much in these three years; it keeps getting better. What did we do to celebrate you ask...well, we didn't really see each other. Nate was out the door at 6:30 am for the gym and then to work, and I worked an evening shift. We made a nice dinner tonight, and plan to go to Decorah for a little get away in a couple of weeks.

Now for Ava, not too much to report on her. Grandma watched her on Monday and Tuesday afternoon while I went to work, and then she went to daycare yesterday. She unfortunately continues to think that taking naps really isn't important. She's been taking 2 naps that last a whole 30 minutes. This gives me just enough time to shower in the morning, and eat lunch in the afternoon. I try to remind myself that I should just be grateful that she sleeps so well at night. But some days I just want to lay down for 15 minutes myself, or it might be nice to fold some laundry or get something done around the house. If she weren't so darn cute I'd have to be upset with her.

As for this weekend, I'll be working my 12 hour shifts, and Daddy is going to the Gopher game. Cheryl has once again offered to watch Ava while Daddy tailgates and watches the game. I don't know what we would do without her!!! We hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.

PS-We just want to welcome a couple of Ava's "to be friends" into the world. Miles was born Oct. 9th (4 weeks early) and got to come home from the hospital today. Nora was born last weekend and is doing good as well. We can't wait to meet both of you!!!
She hasn't quite grasped the concept of putting the ball in the basket rather than her mouth


Game over, time for a nap

5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary a day late!! Things were a little hectic around here yesterday... :)

    P.S. Miles was actually 6 weeks ahead of schedule... He was in a big rush, apparently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh,you're right Riley...I can't do math!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations steph and nate! may life always get better and better. thinking of you all. love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the three year mark, and you will have many, many more special years!!! Ava is a doll as usual, love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete