Friday, October 1, 2010

Great days to be outside

The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week, and luckily we've had some time to get out and enjoy it. Monday Ava and I had a pretty low key day. We went for a walk and spent some time outside in the afternoon waiting for Daddy to get home from work.

Tuesday was packed full of fun. Kristi and Cora came over for a play date. We went on a walk and for a picnic. I'm glad that Cora is so chill with everything...Ava is kind of a bully (as you will see in the pictures below). Cora was nice enough to just ignore Ava as she stole every toy that Cora was playing with. I think that Ava was jealous of Cora's pretty dress and legwarmers (she looked adorable), as Ava tried to pull her clothes off. It was so much fun watching the girls play together. As they get older it's even more fun. However, they seem to be getting older way to quickly! It was also a great time for me to catch up with Kristi and what is going on in their lives. Thank you so much for coming over girls, we had a fabulous time!

Tuesday afternoon I had another eye appointment. This time it was just for a contact fitting. My vision has now been good for about two weeks, and I'm now wearing contacts again. I switched contacts and it seems to be working great. I will never again take my vision for granted, and hope that things continue to go well with my eyes. Grandma was nice enough to come to the eye Dr. with us so that she could feed and watch Ava during my appt. We then headed off to the mall. Ava came home with a couple of adorable outfits compliments of Grandma...thank you! I then dashed out the door to meet up with some girlfriends for dinner and some delicious Cafe Latte cheesecake. I love those girls and thoroughly enjoy our dinners out!

I worked Wednesday and Thursday evening. Ava went off to daycare Wednesday evening. She got a little ouchy on her head when she tipped over and hit her head on the bookshelf. She's doing just fine though, just a little red mark. Grandma came over and watched Ava yesterday afternoon while at work. Daddy got some one on one time with Ava in the evenings while I was at work.

Daddy has a chore to do this weekend. I walked into Ava's room after her nap the other day and there she lay on her belly, head up and arm in the air. In her hand she had the little goose from her mobile and was trying to pull the whole thing down. So, the mobile is now on the floor until Daddy can lower her mattress. She used to look so little in that crib...where did the past 7 months go? I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing in 7 years.

I'm working my 12 hr shifts this weekend, and Daddy is going to the gopher football game tomorrow, so Grandma is on Ava duty again tomorrow. Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!Waiting for Daddy to come home from work

Having a little conversation with Snoopy


"Hi Cora, I haven't seen you in a while. Do you mind if I grab your face?"

Ava always greets her friends by grabbing them by the shirt.

Do you know how hard it is to get two 7 month old girls to look at the camera at the same time?

Cora and Ava admiring one another


I'm sure that Cora was playing with that book just seconds prior to Ava stealing it. Cora just looks the other way to find something else to play with. Thanks Cora, we're working on sharing!


Exhausted after her play dateSorry, duplicate picture that I can't figure out how to delete.

Ava's first ride in Daddy's big girl car seat

No comments:

Post a Comment