Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A couple of rough days

Ava was so happy and excited to be home on Monday. She was so full of smiles and giggles. We ended up not having her PT appointment on Monday morning. They called me 15 minutes before we were leaving and informed me that Ava's appointment was a "pool appt", as in water therapy. The scheduler scheduled us with the wrong therapist. Needless to say, Ava does Not need water therapy and I rescheduled. I did have my eye appt. and they are now saying that it may be a bacterial infection and I am on antibiotic drops and will be switching contacts. I'm praying that with the switch my vision will be back to how it was 6 months ago!

The past couple of days have been pretty rough on Ava. She went back to day care on Tuesday, it was her third day. She hardly slept at all, and I could tell last evening. She tried so hard to take a nap in her crib when we got home. She would lay down and suck her thumb for 5 minutes and then cry for a few seconds and then lay down again. She did this over and over for about 20 minutes. We ended up feeding her early and put her to bed before 7:00. She tried avocado for the first time last night. It's the first time we gave her "real food" (not counting her rice cereal). She gagged, gave us a whole body shiver, made an awful face, and was done with that. She enjoyed her cereal much more! We tried again tonight with the avocado and it was a success. She ate all that I had prepared, and then ate her cereal and breastfed. And I wonder how she gets all those rolls! :) She had a better day at day care today, but was still exhausted. She was sleeping when I went to pick her up so I had to wake her. She was once again kind of cranky this evening and was in bed before 7:00 again. The poor little thing! She'll be back at daycare tomorrow, but then home with me on Friday.

Well I'm exhausted so I'm going to wrap this up. I think I'm also coming down with a cold. I hope that you all have a wonderful rest of the week and a fabulous Labor Day if I don't update before then!

PS-I've decided that I hate camping even more than Ava...I have poison ivy on my leg!


I'm not so sure that white leggings are the most flattering on her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment