Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ear infection+Bad cold=Bad sleep

That's right, Ava's cold has turned ugly. She woke up at 1:30 on Saturday morning with a fever of 100.5, and crying. She hasn't woke up in the middle of the night since she was 10 weeks old. I undressed her, fed her a little, and back to sleep she went. Grandma came over on Sat. morning since I had to work my 12 hour days, and Daddy went to the Gopher home opener. Grandma gave her lots of extra cuddle time, but even that didn't cure her. Daddy ended up sleeping in the spare bedroom Sat. night with the monitor so that I could sleep. Ava has been coughing all night long every night since Friday. For some reason Daddies can sleep through that. So, I didn't really see my little peanut until Monday morning and she looked so pitiful. Her eyes were full of gunk, the skin around her eyes was all red as if she hadn't slept in 3 weeks, she had snot and boogers just about everywhere. Those poor little eyes were glazed over. She had her 6 months appointment scheduled for Monday. We kept the appointment but opted not to do the shots. I didn't feel like punching her while she was down. So, we'll be going back in Oct. for her 6 month shots plus a flu vaccine. Our Dr. said that she looks great except for the cold and the ear infection that she has (I contribute this to daycare). So Ava got her first dose of antibiotics last evening. Lucky for us our child eats anything. She gulped it right down. Before I forget, Ava weighed in at 19 lbs 10 oz, and is 27 1/4 inches long. This puts her in the 90th percentile. It's reassuring that there are 10% of children out there that are fatter than mine. :) With that being said, only 3% have smaller heads. Yep, Ava falls in the 97th percentile for head circumference. Hmmmm....I wonder who she gets that from.

As for today, Ava's fever is now gone and her eyes look so much better. There's still snot everywhere and she's coughing a lot, but she greeted us with smiles from her crib this morning. She then took a 2 1/2 hour nap this morning. Unfortunately I am now not feeling well. I'm hoping that if I get some good sleep tonight (that's if Ava stops coughing) then maybe my body will recharge and I'll feel better. I rarely get sick, but I think my body is just so sleep deprived it's giving up. Ava and I have to get healthy to help Daddy celebrate the big 3-0 on Thursday. Grandma (and possibly Grandpa) are coming over Thursday night so that just the two of us can go out for a nice dinner.

Ava thinking "What is going on, why is this happening to me?"
Smiling in spite of the running nose, droopy eyes, and eye boogers. I love my little peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment