Thursday, July 1, 2010

The mystery onesie


Above you will see Ava modeling the mystery onesie. It is called the mystery onesie because it is a mystery as to who gave it to us. This Iowa Hawkeye onesie arrived at our home prior to Ava being born. There was no return address label on it, and the postmark was so faint that we could not read the zip code from which the package was mailed. Our first thought was that it either came from Great Grandma Schutterle, or Aunt Lisa & Uncle Brent. Both have denied sending it from day one. Nobody will fess up to sending it. It's been hanging in the closet for months now (taunting Nate). So, Nate left for work I decided that she should wear it at least once. Much to Nate's dismay, she has not yet had a blowout today and she is still wearing it. She seems content in it. However, I'm not sure that she knows what it says...her three chins get in the way when she looks down to try to read it.

We were informed of wonderful news today...the union and the hospital has settled on a contract. This means no strike next Tuesday!!! I have been worried sick about this and finally this morning accepted that it was out of my hands and that in time it would pass. I was 90% sure that we would be taking part in an open ended strike, and had signed up for my picketing times last night. Then this afternoon I got the news. We will be voting on the contract to ratify it next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm assuming that it will pass. This is such a weight lifted off of Nate and my shoulders, and just in time for the holiday weekend.

Tomorrow afternoon we'll be heading up to the cabin. I am not looking forward to the drive up there since I'm assuming that 95% of the twin cities will be heading in the same direction that we are. I'm hoping that Sophie the giraffe will entertain Ava for awhile and then she'll take a nice long nap. We'll be staying up there until Monday.

I wish you all a wonderful and safe 4th of July weekend!

Ava trying out her new toy for the first time (new to her thanks to Aunt Lisa & Uncle Brent, we love hand me downs). She's still not 100% sure about it.One more picture of Ava in the good ol' black and gold (it may be the first and last time if Daddy and Grandpa V have anything to say about it)


3 comments:

  1. We LOVE the good 'ole black and gold here in Iowa! But we didn't send it! Wish we would've....she looks good in those colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures as always and I LOVE the onesie :) Congrats on the contract settlement!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph! It's such a relief to have all that contract stuff behind us. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete