Monday, July 12, 2010

More Firsts

The past couple of days have been very exciting for Ava. Saturday Grandma came over to watch her since Daddy and I both had to work. Daddy and Ava hung out together that afternoon since I worked my 12 hr day shifts. Sunday I headed back to work and Ava & Daddy went to church and then over to Grandma and Grandpa's before heading to Uncle Wes's house for a BBQ that afternoon. Well I guess that Ava was taking a nap while Daddy and Grandpa were outside, and Grandma stepped into the other room for a minute. When she came back a minute later Ava had woke up and rolled from her back to her belly!!! That little turkey rolled over from back to belly while nobody was watching. I guess she performed her new trick many times throughout the rest of the day. She even saved one for me when I got home Sunday night. She has been rolling over all day. I guess she has it mastered. She even showed Cousin Reece on Skype. Now she just has to master rolling from tummy to back since she gets a bit annoyed after spending too much time on her tummy.

Daddy & Ava picked up Ava's new high chair yesterday as well. I started putting it together today and then realized that we were missing the pins that hold the seat part together. Graco will be sending them to us in 7-10 days. Well tonight we wanted Ava to start cereal at bedtime. So, Ava did not get to use her highchair for her first feeding (instead it's sitting in the corner in pieces). We fed her a bit late since Nate had golf tonight. She wasn't overly impressed with it, as she was very tired. At once point I went to give her a spoonful and she put her thumb in her mouth and her eyes got very heavy. I think that was a good indication that it was bedtime. Nate will try again tomorrow. He'll be on his own since I'm working evenings.

Ava trying cereal for the first time


Ava has really gotten the hang of her "entertainment center"

No comments:

Post a Comment