Friday, August 22, 2014

Finally, a weekend at home

Another crazy busy couple of weeks, that have been filled with a lot of fun.  We were supposed to be heading up to the cabin this morning, but decided to spend the weekend at home.  I couldn't be more excited.  Weekends at home (where I'm not working) have been nonexistent this summer, so I'm really looking forward to this one. 

Two weekends ago I worked, which meant Nate was a single stay at home dad.  He and the kids had a lot of fun.  They spent the weekend at the zoo, going to the library, and some time at the pool in our neighborhood.  Last weekend Nate was again a single dad as I left Friday morning to spend the weekend in Des Moines.  We had our girl cousin get together.  My sister-in-law Sara was even able to make it up from Springfield, MO.  We were so glad that she was able to join us.  It was a fun weekend of relaxation and lots of laughs. 

As for the kids, they have been busy at the park, the zoo, the Children's Museum, and daycare.  Ava is still loving her new daycare.  When Grandma asked her last night on Skype if she liked it she replied, "It's so awesome I can hardly believe it!".  We love the changes that we've seen in her since starting there.  I wish we would have found them sooner!  Grant on the other hand isn't completely sold on this place yet, but is getting used to it.  He's now eating, and took a 1 1/2 hour nap there last Wednesday.  He still cries when Nate drops him off, but when asked about his friends at daycare he smiles and tells us their names.  I think he enjoys his time there, it's just the the drop off is still a bit rough (although getting much better). 

Grant's hand is healing nicely from the fire pit incident.  The blisters are now gone.  His hand looked pretty raw earlier this week, but the new skin is coming in nicely and his hand looks pretty darn good. 

The rest of our weekend looks nice (and hot).  Nate is currently golfing.  We're hoping to make it to the pool this weekend, get together with neighbors for a party tomorrow afternoon/evening, and perhaps have a BBQ on Sunday.  Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

 
I don't think that I posted any pictures of Ava's room since we painted it and hung up the artwork that our sweet friend painted for us. 
A little afternoon parade
On the train with their luggage at the Children's Museum
Ava making something tasty at the museum
Grant trying on a few hats
Aunt Lisa celebrated her 40th birthday on the 12th.  I told her that this was the kids's response when I told them she was 40.
Grant loved wearing Ava's slippers around.
Cousin get together: Sara, Sara, Lisa, myself, Melissa, & Kristin
Nate and I were able to enjoy a beautiful night out at the Twins game Tuesday evening.   
Since Nate took the day off, we decided to take a trip to Minnehaha Falls to show the kids the waterfall.  They loved the waterfall, but more so enjoyed throwing rocks in the water and hiking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment