Friday, December 20, 2013

Veldman Christmas

Last Saturday, after playing outside in the snow it was bath night. After baths we decided that the time had come for Grant to lose his "wings".  Yes, those two tufts of hair on each side of the back of his head.  People have been trying to convince me to cut them since before he turned 1.  I figured that at some point they had to come off, and there was no time like the present.  So, Grant had his first haircut.  It wasn't quite the production that Ava had since Grant only had a few pieces to trim.  I of course kept them in a baggie though (which Nate doesn't understand).  One more sign that he's growing up much to quickly!

Sunday morning we left for Hollandale for the Veldman Christmas.  We decided to leave early so that we could stop at Nana's first so the kids could have some one on one time with her.  Then we headed over to Aunt Susan's to meet up with everybody else.  We all had a great time, ate lots of food, and the kids enjoyed opening their presents from Nana.  When we got home that evening I was able to meet up with some women in our development for dinner/drinks.  I called Nate at 8:00 to see if Ava was still up so I could read her bedtime stories.  Well, both kids were still up...and crying.  Little to no naps makes for some very over tired and cranky kids.  We divided and conquered and got them both down rather quickly. 

Monday Ava had a special day at preschool.  It was gingerbread making day, where you brought a special guest.  Daddy was her special guest and from what I hear they had a great time.  Daddy also took Wednesday off, so Ava informed him that he was our special guest as we visited the Children's Museum.  Daddy had never been there so Ava showed him around.  She loves that place (I do too). 

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only a few days away.  I'm not sure where this season (or the past year) went.  It has been much to short for me.  We are not doing Christmas cards this year, as I figured that between facebook and the blog we have nothing new to send out.  I doubt that this will get updated before Christmas.  So in closing, we wish you all a very merry Christmas filled with safe travels,  family, friends, laughter, and love. 
Grant's "wings"
Ava enjoying watching Grant's hair cut
Here's the "during" the haircut.  I don't think we got an "after"
Tis the season for boots

Nana with the grand kids
Ava was super excited about her new princess dress and shoes
Grant loved his new ball
Picking the fuzzies out between her toes before putting on her "heels".  I've never met anybody who is so obsessed with fuzzies as this child.
There is a hoop under the skirt of this dress.  She loves the dress, but I must say it's not very figure flattering.
Snuggle time with Daddy
Ava & Daddy's gingerbread house masterpiece

Grant's wonderful open mouth kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment