Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Walking...

Pneumonia. No, Grant is not walking on his own. He has walking pneumonia.  We knew something wasn't right when our babysitter told me that he didn't eat dinner Saturday night and was crying instead of sleeping.  Sunday he seemed ok, but was running a low grade fever.  He was then up at 4:45 Monday morning with a fever of 101.7 and coughing.  So, I called in sick and off to the pediatrician's office we went.  She diagnosed him with walking pneumonia, and said that's she's seen a lot of it in the past couple of weeks.  Poor little man!  He's been on his azithromycin since Monday and has been fever free all day.  He still has an awful cough, but thankfully has been sleeping through the night.  I had to call in sick to stay home with him yesterday as well.  I have to say, I really admire stay at home moms.  I don't know how they do this everyday.  I'm sure that it helps that they can take their kids out (when they don't have a contagious illness).  However, I have to say that I was looking forward to going to work yesterday after being off for a whole week.  I need the change of pace, the adult interaction, and to get out of this house.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that I was able to stay home with my baby when he was sick.  However, I'm going a little stir crazy. 

This past weekend was a big weekend.  We helped celebrate Uncle Wes and Aunt  Janna's wedding.  The festivities started with rehearsal on Friday, followed by the dinner.  Grant joined us for both of them.  It was great to see family that we haven't seen in over a year, and introduce them to Grant.  Saturday was the big day.  The weather was beautiful, as was the bride.  Aunt Janna looked stunning.  Ava did a great job being the flowergirl.  She smiled the whole way down the aisle (however, she only looked to one side of the church.  I'm glad it was the side that I was on).  :)  The kids were pretty good during the ceremony.  Some snacks do wonders to keep kids quiet.

After the ceremony I brought Grant home to hang with our sitter while Ava and I went to the reception.  She loved hanging out with Lauryn, Dave, John, & Cheryl.  She sat with them and had dinner since I sat next to Nate.  A huge thanks to them for keeping tabs on her.  It's the first meal that I've gotten to sit down and enjoy for quite awhile.  :)  Ava still had some energy saved up so we stayed for part of the dance.  She told me that was the highlight of her day.  She loved rocking the dance floor.  She was finally ready to crash at 10:00 so I brought her home and then headed back to the reception once again.  Nate and I stayed until everything was wrapped up and then I brought him home to put him to bed.  :)

Sunday morning we were back at the reception site for brunch and gift opening.  Ava had a great time helping open lots of gifts, and Grant got his appetite back and devoured pretty much everything in site.  Sunday afternoon we laid low around the house. 

That was our weekend in a nutshell.  It's back to work for me this weekend, unfortunately on my 12 hr night shifts.  Hopefully Grant will be feeling well again and Ava stays healthy.  Hope that you all had a great weekend!
 

Ava loving her new purse from Uncle Wes and Aunt Janna at the rehearsal dinner
Nate, Mo, & me
Lauryn, Ava, & Dave
Nate and I with Nana
Ava, when they announced her name with the wedding party
The very beautiful and happy bride and groom
Ava rocking the dance floor

No comments:

Post a Comment