Wednesday, November 14, 2012

3 Weeks

I can't believe that it's already been three weeks since Grant was born.  The time has flown by!!!  Perhaps it's because I also have a 2 yr old at home with me now, but the time seems to be going so much faster with Grant than it did with Ava.  Or maybe it's because in the past 3 weeks we were in the hospital, in IA, and have been busy getting things finalized for the new house.  I guess we are taking on a bit more this time around than we did when Ava was born.  Things are not going to slow down at all.  I looked at the calendar and almost every day has something on it until we move.  Before I know it I'll be heading back to work.  :(

I forgot to mention in my last blog post that our friend Ang came over last Thursday to take Grant's newborn pictures.  The little turkey was supposed to fall asleep for the last pictures and we couldn't get him to stay sound asleep.  Of course after his next feeding I couldn't keep him awake to save my life.  I'm anxious to see them and hope that we got at least a few good ones.  He wore his new gopher onesie for some of the pictures.  It has a collar on it and he looks like this little old man when he's wearing it. 

Grant continues to be such a good little man.  He continues to get up only once during the middle of the night, between 2 and 3:30.  Unfortunately for the past two nights it's been closer to 2:00, which means he's getting up before his 7:00 wake-up time.  This morning he was a champ and held off on his feeding until 7:00 even though he was awake.  This gave us time to get Ava up, dressed, and out the door by 7:00 so that she could go to daycare.  Since she was at daycare Grant and I took advantage of it and ran a few errands this morning and we managed to get a nice walk in this afternoon.  It felt SO good to get outside, get some fresh air, and a little bit of exercise. 

Tomorrow we're hoping to head to the indoor playground here in Maple Grove with our friends Kristi and Cora.  We were supposed to go on Tuesday but Miss Cora has been sick.  The first thing that Ava has said the past two mornings is, "does Cora feel better".  I'm not sure if she's concerned about Cora or if she wants to go to the playground.  Hopefully Cora does feel better and we can meet up with them tomorrow.  Mema took Friday off so she's going to hang with Ava around lunch time so that I can meet up with a friend for lunch.  Then this weekend we have Miss Lauryn's birthday party.  It should be a fun couple of days. 

I'm hoping to update before Thanksgiving, but no promises.  If I don't make the deadline, have a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels!

 


This is Ava's new smile when we take pictures.  Oh how I love those fake cheesy smiles with the squinted eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment