Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The truth

We've all noticed that the frequency of updates on here has decreased significantly in the past few months.  Part of it is that our life just isn't that exciting.  The other reason is that I have not been feeling well over the past few months.  The reason why...

We have another thumb sucker

That's right, Baby V #2 will be making his or her arrival sometime around Oct. 21st. 

Ava appears to be excited about this, and likes telling people that she's going to be a " big brother".  What she means is that she wants a baby brother.  Even before we found out we were expecting Ava told me one day that she wanted a baby brother.  I asked her if a baby sister would be ok.  She adamantly said, "no, a baby brother".  She has not changed her mind about this either.  We could be in trouble!!!  We are still undecided as to if we will find out the sex of the baby during our ultrasound.  We didn't with Ava.  I think that all of this will be a shock, and a bit of a blow to Ava's ego.  She is definitely used to being the center of attention no matter where we go.  Hopefully we can go from everything being "mine" to sharing.  This girl even dreams selfishly.  A few nights this past week she must have had the same dream.  She'll be sleeping and say, "no, no, stop, that's mind".  Sad but true!

The past few months have been a bit rough as far as sickness goes.  I believe that it's better than when I was pregnant with Ava, Nate disagrees.  Luckily I haven't had the extreme exhaustion that I had with Ava.  I don't get to come home from work and take naps this time around.  I do usually hit the couch after dinner though, and Nate takes over Daddy duty.

With another baby on the way we would really like to get a bigger place.  Our current place has three bedrooms, but we would really like a fourth for when we have family in town.  We would also like a better layout with a toy room and a bit more living space.  With that being said, we're planning on putting our place on the market next week.  I'm praying that it sells and that we find something that suits us a bit better as a growing family.  However, I'm going to try not to stress myself out about it.  We will fit in this house and we don't HAVE to move.  It would just be really nice.  So, say a few prayers for us as we start this journey as well. 

Next time I'll put more updated pictures of Ava on here.  I still have some to download to the computer.  Just  thought I'd share the big news, and explain the lack of updates.  Thanks for checking in with us!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh so exciting! Congratulations! :) We will be praying for the baby, for you all, and for a possible move! Lots to look forward to! :) I hope Ava gets her brother!

    ReplyDelete