Sunday, August 7, 2011

A play date & the cabin

Ava had a fun filled week. She spent a couple of days at home with Daddy and a day at day care while I was at work. Thursday we hung out and then went over to Cora's house (ok, it's really Mike & Kristi's house) for dinner and a play date. Cora had the pool all ready when we arrived. It was a beautiful night out (except for the mosquitoes that ate me alive). The girls played while we got to catch up a bit with Mike & Kristi. I've tried for almost 18 months to get a good picture of the girls together. It is impossible. I finally got one where both of them are at least looking at the camera. After the pool party we sat down for a wonderful meal and then enjoyed some entertainment put on by the girls. Thank you Mike & Kristi for a wonderful dinner! We're already looking forward to our next get together.

We planned on leaving for the cabin bright and early on Friday. Ava, however, was exhausted from her late night with Cora so she slept in. We finally got on the road and were able to enjoy a beautiful day on the lake on Friday. I was even brave enough to get the skis out. I haven't skied for almost three years. I got right up, and wasn't nearly as sore as I thought I'd be come Saturday morning. Unfortunately it rained all Saturday morning, but eventually the sun came out and Daddy got out on the skis. We headed home after lunch today and Ava is fast asleep in her own bed. It's back to work for me tomorrow.

Ava had a great time playing on Cora's horse.
Ava standing in shock at how lean & fit Cora is, and Cora standing in shock at Ava's many "curves"
The one picture I have of the two girls looking at the camera
This was the aftermath of an attempted hug
Cora going in for the kiss
It was a good morning on the lake (which led to a delicious dinner for us)
Ava get up close with the fish (and she's not too fond of it). She was however trying to grab onto the minnows the day before.
Our little sailor



No comments:

Post a Comment