Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grandma & Boppa B in town

We had a great weekend. We hung out Friday night, and I'm pretty sure that I fell asleep on the couch around 8:30. Saturday morning Ava and I headed to the gym while Daddy met up with somebody for awhile. He got home just as Ava finished lunch and I ran out the door to meet up with an old friend for a long lunch date. I then got home just in time to pick up a pizza for Ava and Cheryl. Cheryl came over and watched Ava Saturday night so that Nate and I could go to the Twins game. My parents were in town with a group that they travel with every year from my hometown of Watkins. The weather is absolutely perfect and we had a great time. Grandma really wanted Ava to come, but I'm so glad that she stayed home. The ballpark was packed, and it was nice for Nate and me to actually enjoy the game and not have to worry about her. Besides the game started at 6:00 and Ava's bedtime is 7:00. I'm sure that she had a much better time with Cheryl than she would have had with us. Nate and I got to enjoy all the fun ballpark foods (which showed on the scale on the gym today, darn it!), a good game, and a beautiful evening outdoors. Thank you so much Cheryl for coming over and spending your Saturday night with Ava!

Sunday morning we got up and headed to Bloomington to have breakfast and hang out with Grandma & Boppa B. We went to IHop since it was attached to their hotel. We had never eaten at one before. Ava devoured the pancakes! We spent a couple of hours at the hotel. Ava did not lack attention, and Grandma used every moment as a photo op. Ava said "bye bus" and we left. She was asleep within 5 minutes. It's exhausting being loved up so much, not to mention the most photographed child on earth.

Last evening Grandma & Boppa V came over to hang out and we got chinese for dinner. Ava scarfed down my chicken lo mein like she hadn't eaten in days. Lucky for me Daddy got that diaper today. :)

I was off today. We all went to the gym this morning. We ended up leaving early, as Ava did not want to play there. She has been "something" today. She's quite defiant. I'm not sure why, or when it started, but I'm not a fan. Last evening she took two Dove chocolates out of the candy dish and bit into them (wrapper and all). Of course, I wasn't there (I think she has Daddy wrapped around her finger and challenges him more than me. I'm the "mean" parent). She has now been told that those are only for "big people". So far it's worked. This afternoon I was upstairs putting some laundry in and Nate yells up, "how do you get crayon out of furniture". Well I knew that couldn't be good. I went downstairs to find that Ava (who was sitting at her desk coloring on her paper with Nate right next to her when I went upstairs) had taken her blue crayon and evidently ran to the big chair and drew a Very long straight line down the middle of the cushion. Thanks to Resolve carpet cleaner you can no longer see it. She can now tell me that she only uses her colors on "paper". We'll see if that works. I think that she's hit the terrible two's about 6 months too early.

Tomorrow she's off to day care. We'll see what kind of trouble she gets in to there. Hope that you're all having a great week!

Linda, Joe, Karen, Grandma, me, Nate, & Boppa enjoying a beautiful night at the ballpark. The twins even won!
Me & Nate at the game
Me & Grandma enjoying our first night at the Twins "new" ballparkEnjoying a little ice cream
Grandma & Boppa got Ava a Twins bat at the ballpark the night before.
Love that face!
Grandma, Ava, & Boppa after breakfast on Sunday morning
Ava's first time putting graffiti on public property (I'm pretty sure that the colors were washable, so it's legal right?)
Boppa & Ava
Enjoying a little story
Yeah, she can be a little sassy
Ava even had kisses for Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment