Sunday, July 10, 2011

Teeth, turds in tub, tubing, high temps

The subject of this entry pretty much sums up our past week. There's never a dull moment in our lives with little Ava bug. She now has one more tooth, and another one trying to break the skin on her lower jaw. I try to attribute her sassiness (aka, being stubborn and yelling when she doesn't get her way, and frequently saying "no") to teething, but I'm pretty sure that she's just testing her boundaries and our patience all while developing her own personality. I have a feeling that she will be a little girl with a Big personality. :) Her vocabulary does go beyond "no", and she repeats many things that we say. We're now able to read her books and point at objects and she can tell us what they are (granted, we read the same books 25 times a day, but we still like to think that she's brilliant). :)

Ava had her first "turd in the tub" earlier this week. I had put her in the tub and asked Nate to watch her while I ran to the bathroom. I'm coming downstairs and hear Nate yell, "she's pooping". So what would you do? Of course, you run downstairs to grab the camera rather than grab the turd that's about to plummet into the clean bath water. By the time I got back up with the camera there were other "floaters". So, I took her out of the tub and told Nate to watch her while I bleached the bathmat and disinfected the tub. I'm wiping the tub down and say to Nate, "my gosh, it still smells in here". As I turn around Ava is standing right behind me. She has a large pile of poop on the floor behind me, which she has proceeded to step in with her heel and walked across the bathroom mat. All you can do is laugh...and take more pictures. So, I apologize if the pictures below gross you out. I work with poop every day so I find the pictures somewhat funny. Ok, that's enough about poop.

Moving on to tubing. Friday morning we packed the car and once again headed up for a weekend at the cabin. This weekend was a special one since we were getting together with four of Nate's high school friends and their significant others on Saturday. The weather was gorgeous all weekend (except for Saturday morning). It was sunny and hot. I was so happy to be able to enjoy a weekend of nice weather. Friday Ava spent a lot of time in her pool, and hanging out with us and Grandma. Saturday everybody came over to the cabin and Ava got to hang out with Grandma & Boppa while we enjoyed some time on the lake. We got a new tube this year to pull behind the boat, so we thought we would try it out. Ang, Ava, and I took it out for a test drive. Daddy pulled us behind the pontoon and Ava loved it. She kept saying "weeeeee". She got a little bored by the end (since we weren't going real fast), but didn't seem the least bit scared. That evening we went over to Katie's cabin and had dinner with everybody and hung out over there. We left just before midnight. I'm driving and we get about a mile from Katie's place and I hear a "thud thud thud". I pull over (in the middle of nowhere) and we find that I have a Very flat tire. Long story short, we finally got the tire changed after somebody stopped to help us and we got eaten alive by mammoth mosquitoes. We got to bed around 1:15, and our sweet angel was there to wake us at 6:23. Luckily she was full of giggles this morning so it made being sleep deprived a little more bearable.

We're now back home and preparing for another week. Ava will go back to day care on Tuesday. She went last Wednesday and I was told that she had a "great day". I think that she's enjoying the toddler room a little more now that she can walk and keep up with the other kids. That made me feel so much better!

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for checking in with us!

Yeah, the brown log on the side of the bath mat is NOT a bath toy!


This would be the large poop that she made on the floor while I was cleaning up the poop inside of the tub. She looks so pleased with herself.


Enjoying a nice hot day poolside.



Life doesn't get much better than this!









Getting ready to head out on our first tube ride.





Mommy, Ava, and Ang ready to go


Marissa, Katie, (me), Ang, Kersten, Brian, Jason, Daddy, & John. What a fun day we had with everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard at your poop story! That is the funniest thing ever! She looks so innocent- lol: ) She sure is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete