Thursday, June 9, 2011

Play date

Today we had a very much needed, and overdue play date with Miss Cora and her mommy Kristi. We couldn't have picked a better day since Ava was driving me crazy. She woke up early and was cranky all morning (and afternoon for that matter) and very clingy. I don't know if she's getting another tooth or what her deal is. I hope that there's a reason and that this is not her temperament now. Otherwise we could have some major issues! Anyway, we went to play with Cora this morning. It was a beautiful and cool day to be outside. We went for a walk to the park and played for a bit. Cora was running circles around the playground, while Ava was crawling around in the dirt and wood chips. She even had on her new shoes that were supposed to miraculously make her walk. We had a lovely lunch and were able to catch up on a few things. I tried to get some pictures of the girls, but they weren't real interested in sitting. Actually I should say Ava wasn't interested in sitting. Cora was a little angel. Thank you ladies for having us!

Like I said, today was a nice cool day. Earlier this week was a different story. It got up to 103 degrees on Tuesday. Monday was almost as hot so we decided to head to the pool. Ava enjoyed it for about 5 minutes as was then done. I've decided that next time we will do a small pool in the back yard. It's way to much work to pack everything up, go to the gym, shower there, and pack her up again. It was a nice thought though.

I work this weekend. Unfortunately it's my 12 hour nights. So, Nate & Ava will be heading up to the cabin to hang out with Grandma & Boppa V. This way I'll be able to sleep during the day on Saturday and Sunday. We're then looking forward to Grandma & Grandpa B. coming to visit next week.

Hoping that you all have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for checking in with us!

Playing "blocks"

Goldy got around...first on the train and then in the stroller




Hanging out at the pool


My attempt at getting a few pictures of Ava & Cora


No comments:

Post a Comment