Thursday, June 16, 2011

Almost got it (walking)

The updates are getting fewer and fewer and our schedule seems to get busier and busier. I've been picking up more hours at work over the past couple of weeks. Two weeks ago we got the unfortunate news that Nate lost his job. It came as a shock to our family. We are hoping and praying that it won't be long before he finds employment. I am fortunate that I work in a profession that allows me to pick up extra shifts. In the meantime Ava is getting some extra time with Daddy and only going to daycare once a week.

Last weekend I had to work my 12 hour nights, so Daddy & Ava headed up to the cabin with Grandma & Boppa Veldman (this allows me to sleep during the day). Evidently Daddy became an avid fisherman over the weekend, getting up early both mornings to go with the neighbor. Ava got to hang with Grandma, which I'm sure both of them enjoyed.

Ava has decided that it may be time to start walking on her own. Last night she walked across the room before falling. She's been attempting to walk a lot more, and will stand up on her own and then take off. She continues to expand her vocabulary every day. She can now tell me what a bear, cow, horse, and kitty say, and that a bunny "hops". This week she has also been practicing her "no". She's quite good at it, and even shakes her head when she really means it.

Grandma & Grandpa Becker are currently on their way here. They'll be spending the weekend with us. We're planning on heading up to the cabin tomorrow, and hoping for nice weather to enjoy some bike riding, fishing, BBQ, boat rides, and most likely swinging for Ava. We're looking forward to seeing them and spending some time with them.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and a Happy Father's Day to all you dads!

Ava enjoying yet another ride in the swing at the cabin

Where is Ava?!? When in doubt, she's in the bathroom emptying out her bath toys onto the floor.



This would be Ava eating the finger paint while we were trying to make Daddy a Father's Day card. This child eats Everything! I now have a deep appreciation for every craft that Ava makes at daycare. I don't know how they keep her clean. By the time she was done she had paint all over her onesie and my shirt.

Our little Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment