Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bye Bye

How I wish I were more technologically advanced so that I could post videos. Friday was a very big night at our house. After it took me 1 1/2 hours to drive home in the snowstorm Ava and I were hanging out waiting for Daddy to arrive home safely. I got out the video camera to try to capture her "dancing/rocking out" to some music. She refused to dance for me, but when I told her to say "bye bye" she waved her hand and said it. I was shocked! We called Daddy and she told him "bye bye". Whether she knew she did it or not is yet to be determined, as she has not done it since.

Saturday and Sunday Ava hung with Daddy while I worked my 12 hour shifts. She got so spend some quality time with Uncle Wes on both Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday she had her 9 month well baby check. The Dr. said she looks great (minus the cold she got this past week). She's in the 97th percentil in height and 90th percentil in weight. I take this to mean that she's long and lean. :) She is now 21 lbs and 30 inches long. I got her out of her crib Monday morning, and after not seeing her all weekend I felt like she grew so much over just two days! She did get her flu shot booster (being infants they have to get two flu vaccines). She didn't make a peep. You wouldn't have even known that she got a shot. What a brave and tough little girl!

Nothing too exciting on the agenda for the next couple of days. Thursday Daddy is taking a half day of vacation and we're going to go and get Ava's first Christmas tree. I think it's supposed to snow that day, but hopefully it won't be miserably cold and windy. I'm looking forward to getting some Christmas decorations up to put us in the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment