Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A bloody finger and a goose egg

Ava has had a rough couple of days when it comes to ouchies. Yesterday we ran to the mall in the morning to pick up a few things before the snow really started to fly. I was scheduled for a dental appt. in the afternoon but canceled due to the weather. My appt. wasn't until 3:00, and by that time the DOT was not recommending travel in the cities. So, Ava and I were stuck inside all afternoon. I figured that I would attempt to cut her fingernails again. I feel like I do this almost daily and they are still always long. Well she was wiggling all over because she wanted to take her bath. I went to clip her thumb nail and realized that I had her skin. She screamed and my heart sank as I saw blood coming out of her finger. The poor little thing! I had a horrible time getting it to stop bleeding since she wouldn't let me hold on to it to apply pressure. She was of course moving her hand all over her face, chest, belly...so the bleeding looked worse than it was. Needless to say she got extra play time during bath time since I was feeling so guilty!
I picked Ava up from day care this afternoon and as I was putting her hat on I noticed a purple bump on her head. I asked if she had fallen there and they said they had an incident report for her. Ava evidently really wanted to play the drum so she grabbed the strap on the drum and pulled the drum off of the toy shelf...right onto her head. So she now has a nice purple goose egg on her right forehead. I also noticed when looking at her "what I did today" sheet that rather than taking her usual 9 am nap, she thought that she would rather stay awake and have a snack. That little pork chop! She LOVES to eat!!! They were saying that they couldn't get her in the highchair fast enough at snack time. She was just too excited to eat. She's definitely Nate and my child!

Ava in her new dress from Grandma Becker. This picture does not do it justice...she looked so darn cute!
Ava loves to pull her socks off. Lately she thinks it's funny to put them in her mouth and bite them. Here she is army crawling across the floor with her sock in her mouth.


You can barely see the purple bump on her forehead in this picture. You can, however, clearly see the spaghetti sauce that she was loving at dinner tonight. I just love when she can eat what we are eating for dinner. She's such a big girl already!

No comments:

Post a Comment