Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Time has been flying by, and I'm assuming it will continue to do the same as the new year quickly approaches. Thanksgiving came and went quickly. I had to work during the day, but was able to join Nate and the rest of the Veldman clan after I got off. It was nice to see everybody, and we are looking forward to gathering together again in a couple of weeks for Steph and Jason's wedding.
My parents came up to visit this weekend. It was nice to see them and we appreciated them making the trip, as we know how long the drive can get and how precious the weekends are especially around the holidays. It was a pretty low key weekend. We did some shopping, played a lot of cards (which my mom and I beat Nate and my dad every time), had dinner with Nate's parents, and were able to go and get a Christmas tree. We opted out of going to the tree farm and cutting our own down this year. We went to a lot, found our beautiful crooked tree, and were home in just over an hour. It sure beat the long drive and numb appendages that I experienced last year when tree shopping. Below is a picture of my parents and us before they left this morning.
Things with the baby are good. I had my Dr's appointment on the 23rd and was very happy to pass my glucose test with flying colors. I celebrated by going out with the girls for some Cafe Latte cheesecake. :) The baby has been extremely active, which gives me peace of mind. I'm hoping that he/she is growing well because my stomach seems to be growing quite rapidly. I can't imagine that my abdomen can continue to grow this rapidly for another 11-12 weeks. I guess time will tell.
I hope that this finds you all well and staying warm. I hear we're supposed to get our first big snowstorm this week. Oh how I hate winter driving!!! Well I'm off to wrap some more presents. I hope that you're all enjoying these weeks of preparation for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment