Friday, July 31, 2015

A few things going on

So yeah, we've had a few things going on. Soccer continues to keep us busy two nights a week, and then swimming lessons one night a week.  Our weekends have been filled with neighborhood parties/birthday parties and a trip to the cabin.  Before we know it the week is over and we're starting over again on Monday.  The pictures below will highlight some of the fun that we've had. 

Something not so fun is that Nate made a trip to the hospital 2 1/2 weeks ago.  He texted me on Monday July 13th and told me that his stomach hurt and wanted advice.  I gave him the same advice that any good medical professional would have...go poop!  After responding that he was still in pain, I told him to go to the clinic if it wasn't tolerable.  I'll be honest, I thought he was over reacting and had a stomach bug (like most men do).  That was until I talked to him on his way home.  He sounded horrible.  The next call I got was from the clinic Dr.  He told me that he was going to give him IV fluids, some morphine, get a scan, and send him via ambulance to my hospital.  An ambulance...really?  I volunteered to go pick him up (like any nurse would), but was told that due to his pain an ambulance would probably be better.  So, I patiently waited by the ambulance bay doors and greeted him as he rolled in.  After a quick CT scan it was determined that he had a hot appy.  Surgery that night.  Great, we had a plan!  Not so great...there were 3 surgeries in front of him and it was already 6:30 in the evening.  He finally went in to surgery just after midnight, and was settled back into his room after recovery around 2:15 am.  He was discharged that evening and has had a great recovery (minus the fact that he hasn't been able to swim or play golf).  We were supposed to leave that Saturday to go to the cabin for vacation for the week.  We cut the week short at Tuesday and came home since Nate couldn't be in the water.  We'll make up those days later in August.

So, I apologize for the lack of updates.  I know, I always have an excuse...but this one was pretty good don't you think? 

As for the kids...
Ava: She's loving soccer more and more, and has become pretty good.  She's become quite aggressive and really gets in there to get the ball.  It's fun to watch.  She's now growing her bangs out (akward hair styles while we wait for them to grow) and thinks that she looks 16 when they are pulled back.  Sometimes she talks like she's 16.  We went and got school supplies last night, picked out a backpack, and I dropped her bus transportation form off at the school this morning.  This kindergarten thing is getting real! 

Grant: Oh Grant, where to begin.  He continues to find ways to challenge me each and every day.  Just when I want to kill him he comes up and says, "I need a hug".  His favorite phrase this week is "poopy butt".  He thinks he's hilarious...I do not!  Speaking of poop, he's doing better with the potty training.  Am I ready to put him in underwear and take him out to Target?  Absolutely not!  However, I feel like we're taking baby steps towards being diaper free (hopefully by the age 12).  He hasn't been to the Dr. recently (thankfully), but I feel like he's packed on the pounds this summer.  He's very active, but that kid can put away his food.  I wouldn't be surprised if he weighs the same as Ava since she refuses to eat almost any mean or anything that's not bread or fruit. 

I think that's all I have for now.  Have a fabulous weekend!    
 
 
We had a girls day out in July.  We went to see The Little Mermaid at Stages Theater with Mema and the neighbors. 

Ava's soccer team (minus 1)
To kick off vacation we went out to the Yogurt Lab for some delicious fro-yo.
We then followed up the frozen yogurt with donuts on the way to the cabin the next morning (this could have contributed to Grant packing on the pounds)
Ava Loved driving around her jetski that she got for Christmas from the Strittmatters.
Watching fireworks on the dock.  Grant went in after the first one.  He was not impressed.

Ready to go out on the water.
Grant giving the jetski a try.
A little bed made up to watch a movie.
Soccer time

No comments:

Post a Comment