Thursday, May 21, 2015

Late is better than never

I know that it's been awhile since the last update. We've had a few things going on that have been consuming more time than I was expecting. First and foremost, my new job.  Everybody keeps asking if I like it.  Well, I don't not like it. :)  In all honesty, I don't feel like I have a good grasp on everything that it entails, and how I'm going to manage my time to get everything done that needs to be done.  My orientation has been very fragmented due to the fact that I work only 4 days/week, and that I have had a lot of meetings off site for new leadership stuff.  My manager and preceptor are off tomorrow, meaning I'm on my own.  I'll find out if I sink or swim.  :)  Due to all of the meetings and everything, I've been putting in a lot of 10 hour days, or closes to 10 hr days.  I'm assuming that the time commitment will decrease once I figure out my own system. 

So, let's go back a couple of weeks ago...Mother's Day weekend.  I have to say it was probably my most enjoyable yet.  Saturday morning Ava had her dance recital.  Boppa stayed home with Grant (win-win situation for both of them), while Daddy, Mema, and I went to watch Ava.  It was a 2 hr show, but I actually really enjoyed it all.  Ava did a great job, and everybody loved watching the little ones up there.  I have to say that I surprised myself, when the tears started streaming down my face when she was up there.  What?!?  Why was I crying?  I'm still not exactly sure, but it was emotional for some reason.  Perhaps a feeling of pride watching her succeed at something that she worked hard on, maybe a feeling of sadness that she's growing up so quickly, perhaps they were tears of happiness knowing that she is able to enjoy the things that she loves, and gratefulness knowing that we currently have the ability to provide her with those opportunities.  Most likely, it's a combination of all the above.  Or, maybe all of that is complete crap and I was just a hormonal woman that day?  No matter the reason, I enjoyed the show, shed a few tears, and am grateful to have our Wednesday evenings back until next fall.  Nate and I asked her if she wanted to do dance next year.  She replied, "yes, because I want to get ribbons and flowers" meaning she liked the flowers we gave her after recital.  I could get some pretty darn nice bouquets delivered monthly for what we pay for dance.  We'll have to come back to that discussion as registration opens up. 

After the recital we had lunch together and then Mema and I went to the dreaded MOA to look for some work clothes for me.  We were very successful and had a great time.  I came home with a great new work wardrobe, and felt so much better.  Thanks Mema for helping me spend my money.  When we got home Uncle Wes and Aunt Janna were here playing with the kids.  We all enjoyed a nice low key dinner out on the deck together.  What a great day!

Sunday was kind of cold and rainy.  We went to church that morning and then stayed in for the rest of the day.  We watched a movie and just relaxed.  It truly was a great weekend!

The following week started out good until Wednesday hit.  I woke up not feeling well, but decided I had to go into work since I had so many meetings that day.  By mid-morning I was dying.  I had chills, body aches, sore throat, etc.  I decided to leave after my big meeting that afternoon and went straight to the clinic.  Mind you, I have never had a fever in my life (I know, crazy right).  I got there and it was 102.3.  They swabbed my throat and shockingly enough it came back negative for strep.  I was told I had a virus and to take Ibuprofen and go home.  So, I stopped and bought Ibuprofen because since I don't ever get sick I don't even have that in our house.  The next 30 hours were spent in my bedroom shaking with chills, waking up in a pool of sweat, decreased appetite, body aches that I have never experienced, fevers up to 103, etc.  I was miserable. 

Thursday afternoon Nate left for his golf trip up north with the guys.  I was SO grateful that my mom was going to arrive late Thursday night.  I knew that I could take care of the kids 1 night by myself if I had to, but I knew I couldn't do much more than that.  I just felt bad that she was coming up to see us, and was going to end up taking care of all of us.  Friday morning the clinic called me back to tell me that my strep send out came back positive.  Not shocking!  I picked up my antibiotics that morning and within 24 hours I felt like a new person.  Needless to say, I was grateful that my mom came up, and was also grateful now that I could enjoy some time with her as well. 

I can't believe that this week is almost over already.  Nothing too exciting this week.  Long work days and spending any time outside that we can.  We're looking forward to spending the long weekend at home this year.  We're hoping to maybe plant a few flowers and just relax.  Wishing you all a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
 
Grant & Grandma before our trip to the MOA.
Ava has mastered climbing the new rock by herself.
"I'm going to play basketball when I get bigger".  I'm told this at least twice a day.
Ava has become much braver this year.  She can scale this thing pretty quickly.
Our typical afternoon here in suburbia
Ava showing Grandma how she can ride without training wheels
Granting "riding" (walking) his bike.
Digging in the rocks while wearing his helmet.  You can never be too safe.
Getting ready to head off to church Saturday evening.
Cute!
All ready for the recital
It's blurry, but it's the only picture we have of the three of us. 
I mastered the bun, and it stayed in for the whole show!
Ava & Mema
Mother's Day 2015
Daddy & Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment