Friday, January 30, 2015

I am happy to report that our house is now plague free.  We had quite a time with the pneumonia, RSV, and whatever else bug was floating between the kids.  Thankfully they both got healthy before Nate headed to FL a few weeks ago and I left for Kansas City.  Boppa was a single Boppa on Thursday night, and Mema came for some back-up on Friday night.  The kids had a great time, and were happy and healthy when we all returned home over the weekend.  While Nate was working in FL, I was able to sneak away to KC to see my best friend from high school, and meet her sweet girl Sadie who was born in Dec.  Loved spending time with their family, and seeing big brother Nick who is growing up so quickly.  I hate that they are so far away, but am so grateful that they opened their home to me for those four days so we could spend some time together. 

The following weekend, Nate was a single dad again as I had to work the weekend.  It was a busy week prior to that with dance, work, etc.  We also took Grant in to get tested for an immune deficiency disorder.  He's been so sick lately that we wanted to make sure that he didn't have it.  After a VERY long morning of 3 blood draws at two different locations we finally got the blood that they needed, and the kids got a huge cookie to celebrate.  Poor Grant had a very rough morning, and Ava was very brave as she watched everybody hold down her little brother to get the blood.  We got good news this week that the tests came back normal.  Grant just has what every other little kid in MN has this winter...lots of illness. 

This past week has been more of the same...ECFE, play date at the zoo, dance, work, etc.  Ava was very excited to get to see her recital costume for dance this week.  They've been practicing their recital piece.  They are so darn cute!

Tonight we're anxious to welcome Aunt Darlene, Great Grandma, Cousin Melissa, & Aunt Moe Moe to our house for the night.  Ava & I will be joining them tomorrow to watch cousin Carl perform in show choir in Bloomington.  Then Sunday we're going to  head over to a neighbor's house for a Super Bowl party.  Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

I'm sad to report that I can not download any pictures on here today.  I'm not sure what is going on.  Hopefully I can get some up later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment