Friday, July 25, 2014

While Ava's away...

Ava left this past Sunday to spend the week with Aunt Lisa, Uncle Brent, and her cousins. She was so excited to go on vacation and attend VBS at their church.  For the most part, she's had a great time and stayed very busy.  There were those three phone calls where she was hysterically crying, "I want a hug and kiss from you and Daddy, Friday is to far away, I miss you, I want you to be on vacation with me.".  Yeah, those were heartwrenching phone calls.  At one point I began to wonder if we were going to have to meet them in Clear Lake at midnight to pick her up.  I'm not so sure that Aunt Lisa signed up for that.  However, she survived and has been enjoying her time at the movies, swim pool, and ice cream shop.  We will be looking forward to seeing her this evening.  She already reminded Aunt Lisa that she gets to stay up late and wait for us. 

Last week I thought about all the things that we were going to get done while she was gone, and how Nate and I would have all this time together.  Yeah right!  We did get our big project done, and that's about it.  We got Ava's bedroom painted.  Yes, it's pink and lavender.  I think she's going to love it.  We have a friend painting canvases to hang on the wall, and picked out a few other things to decorate with.  Although Nate and I didn't get a romantic night out (or in for that matter), it feels good to have that project done. 

We're getting ready for another big move.  The kids are switching daycares after this upcoming week.  They will start at a center (they are currently in home with a stay at home mom) on August 4th.  I'm slightly anxious about how Grant will transition.  He's used to being with Cyndi, since that's all he's known from 12 weeks of age.  With that being said, I know in my heart that this is what is best for both of the kids.  There are many factors that led up to this decision, and it was very difficult to tell Cyndi that we would be leaving.  Like I said though, we have to do what we believe is best for our kids.  I'll keep you posted on the transition.  The kids and I will stop by there next Thursday to meet their teachers and hang out for awhile (Grant and I already did this once). 

Yesterday was a big day for Mema.  She had her first chemo treatment.  Please keep her in your prayers, as we pray for strength, health, and minimal side effects. 

Well we're off to IA.  Enjoy your weekend!

PS-I finally found the pictures that I downloaded from my phone onto the computer.  
I'm not sure if Grant's playing golf or football here. 

Nice form by Ava

I took the kids to a park/splash pad near our house last week.  Ava had a great time running through the water and playing on the playground.  Grant enjoyed the playground, but didn't want to get close to any water. 


Enjoying some Mr.  Freezes on the front steps on a hot summer day
Two weeks ago we were back in Benton County for my mom's birthday and my 15 year high school class reunion.  These amazing women became my best friends 19 years ago, and remain my best friends today.  I am so very lucky to have them in my life. 
Ava informed us at dinner this night that she made a "fat Jesus" (aka Flat Jesus) at VBS that day.  I love this girl!
Hand in hand...I hope they'll always be this way.
Last Saturday Ava & Daddy went to one of Ava's favorite places, Donut Star.  Grant was super pumped when they brought him back this giant donut.  Yes, he ate all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment