Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oh deer!

I got a phone call from Nate at 10:30 last night.  My heart sank when I heard Grant crying in the background and Nate said, "we smoked a deer, the car is trashed, but we are ok".  I had so many questions but he of course had to go and call the insurance and get a tow truck.  This left me shaking, pacing, remembering my sweet baby's cry, and wondering what was going on.  It seemed like forever (which it really wasn't) before I got an update.  At 11:30 they (Uncle Wes & Aunt Janna were with them) were resting comfortably at Perkins in Little Falls, with Boppa on his way to pick them up.  Grant got his first, and hopefully last, ride in a state patrol car since tow trucks aren't exactly equipped to transport car seats. 

So, the Traverse currently sits in Little Falls (about 2 hours north of here and an hour south of the cabin).  It won't get assessed until next week as to how much damage there is.  I have no clue how much there is, I'm just grateful, oh so grateful, that everybody is safe.  I can't wait to get my hands on Nate and the kids to shower them with hugs and kisses. 

Safe travels to all of you this 4th of July!

1 comment: