Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Single parent

Last week Nate left for his annual golf trip with the guys, which left me to be a single parent from Thursday to Sunday.  We stayed busy with little things like appointments, preschool, ECFE, and a few walks.  Before we knew it, Daddy was arriving home again (exhausted).

Thursday Ava had her last day of "preschool" for the year.  Next fall she will start "real preschool".  I dropped her off in morning and then headed to the pediatrician, as I felt as though Grant had another ear infection.  Sure enough, his right ear was inflamed again so off we went to the pharmacy for another Z-pack (we are now on Augmentin as of yesterday since he didn't appear to be getting better).  Then we went back for Ava's program and carnival.  When Ava got up on the "stage" she immediately saw me and started waving, smiling, and saying "hi mommy, that's my mom that's my mom".  Oh, if only I could bottle up that pride and love and bring it back out when she turns 16. :)  They sang a couple of songs, and I could of course hear Ava just belting out the song.  That girl loves to sing.  They had a carnival after the program where we accumulated a bunch of junk in a bag to bring home. 

Friday and Saturday are kind of a blur.  We had our ECFE class, which I've really come to enjoy.  It's great to get that time with Ava, and also have that time to discuss issues with other parents.  We went and got Ava's hair cut, went to the park, and did a lot of playing.  Saturday I had a "mommy of year" moment.  We were heading out on our walk to Target.  I buckled Grant into the back of the stroller and Ava crawled into the front.  I was obviously preoccupied with Grant, and once we was buckled in we took off.  We got to the end of the block and before I know it, Ava is tumbling out of the front of the stroller and I almost ran her over.  Yep, this mommy forgot to buckle BOTH children into the stroller.  I felt horrible!  At least it was the stroller and not the car I guess.  A few scrapes on her arms and legs, a couple kisses, and we were on our way. :) 

Grant had his appointment with the ENT doctor today.  We have scheduled his surgery to have tubes placed for Monday June 10th.  I'm hoping and praying that the surgery goes well and that it is as successful as Ava's was.  I'm also hoping that now that he's on the Augmentin that he doesn't start having horrible diarrhea for our road trip to Missouri.  This is the third antibiotic this month.  That is not good for his poor little body. 

Wishing you all a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!  

 
Ava randomly asks to hold Grant and then wants her picture taken with him.  She will also randomly just go up and kiss his head.  I just love it!
 
All clean!   Here's a little shout out to Norwex (as you can see, the brand of towel that he's using).  My Aunt Virginia gave us this for a baby gift.  It is the most amazing towel ever.  I highly recommend it for any child (it dries him on contact)

Our trip to the park
 
One happy and excited man!



No comments:

Post a Comment