Sunday, October 14, 2012

The count down begins

The count down has begun to the little man's arrival.  All the laundry is done, diapers are purchased, carseat bases installed, swing and vibrating chair ready, crib set up, etc. etc.  We are once again reminded of how much "stuff" comes along with a newborn.   This time it's a bit more complicated since 1. we don't have our own house, and 2. we have a two year old to take care of.  I think that we have everything lined up for Miss Ava, and I'm praying that she adapts well to this addition to our family.  We've talked a lot about it, but I know that it's going to be quite an adjustment for her (and us too).

We had another Dr's appt. last Friday morning.  Ava was once again excited to see our nurse and Dr.  They love her there, as she greets them by name as soon as they walk through the door.  My Dr. said that everything looks great, and at that point she anticipated that it would be 4-5 days...so we'll see.  I'm scheduled to work Monday and Tuesday so hopefully that will help things move along.  I haven't slept for the past two days.  I understand that there won't be a lot of sleeping after the baby arrives, but at least I'll be getting up to take care of a sweet baby boy rather than flopping around and getting up hourly to go to the bathroom.

So, we'll keep you posted!   

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the flopping, and getting up hourly. It's a good thing Jason is a sound sleeper! I can't wait to get our little men together at Christmas.

    love you all,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete