Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Go Gophers

Saturday morning was the day that Nate had been looking forward to for months.  No, not the birth of our child...the Gopher home opener!  We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to spend outside with the family.  Nate and Boppa headed down for tailgating early, while us girls stayed home for a bit and met them down there around 9:30 for the 11:00 game.  Ava had a great time.  She fell asleep at the end of the first quarter for about 30 minutes (until I tried to move her).  She loved cheering on the Gophers, yelling "first down" and "go gophers", giving high fives and knuckles to the people around us after the touchdowns, and of course loved snack time.  Like I said, it was the perfect day to take her, and it really helped that the Gophers won.

We have a busy week ahead of us.  Today Ava and I will head to my OB appt. so that Ava can "listen to the baby's heartbeat".  She gets so excited for this every time that we go.  Only 6 weeks to go, but I feel like it could be a long 6 weeks.  I'm starting to get more uncomfortable (mainly when sitting or attempting to sleep) since I feel as though he sits very high.  Although I feel like he's very high, at the same time I also feel like he's sitting directly on my bladder.  There's not a night that goes by that I'm not up to pee at least twice...I feel like I'm 90 years old. 

Thursday afternoon Ava and I will pick Daddy up from work and we'll head to IA for cousin Kristin's wedding. We are really looking forward to celebrating her and Luke, and spending a great day with our family. I'm also saying a prayer that Ava is well behaved. She's the flower girl and will be wearing her "princess dress". I'm really hoping that she walks nicely and quietly down the aisle with Reece. It could be interesting, especially if she doesn't get her nap in. No matter what, I'm sure that it will be a weekend filled with lots of love, laughs, and memory making!

 This was just prior to Ava's 1st quarter nap.
 Cheering on the Gophers!  She was a very vocal fan...I wonder where she gets that from. :)

 More progress on the house!!!  These are from last Friday, if they stay on schedule the whole house should be framed in by the end of Friday.

1 comment:

  1. The house looks amazing so far, can't believe you only have six weeks to go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete