Monday, August 20, 2012

Time flies

The past two weeks have flown by.  We have managed to find a place for most of our things here at Mema & Boppa's.  There are still a few stray items that I should probably get to, but haven't quite found the ambition to do so yet.  They haven't threatened to kick us out yet so I'm assuming that it's not bothering them to much.

The calendar has been packed full of things and I keep thinking that things will slow down here soon.  However, it appears that every weekend is booked (and sometimes double booked) up until the baby comes.  The one free weekend we have is Labor Day weekend and I have forbidden Nate to schedule anything that weekend.  I picture us having a low key weekend of going to a park, having a picnic, etc...we'll see.  :) 

A couple of weekends ago we went to the cabin for a "family weekend" with Mema, Boppa, Uncle Wes, and Janna.  The weather was fairly cool so we didn't spend a lot of time out on the boat.  Uncle Wes & Daddy went golfing on Uncle Wes's birthday and we had a big dinner with neighbors that night to celebrate birthdays (it was Grandpa Dick's birthday on Sunday).  We left late Sunday mornings, as we had lots of things to do to get ready for the upcoming week.

We met with our building contractor last Monday morning at 7:00 am in Apple Valley, which meant a very early morning for Ava.  She had breakfast at our meeting and then played with the ipad.  Thank God for that ipad.  She loves it, it keeps her quiet and entertained, and I like to tell myself that it's educational so that it makes me feel better about having it babysit her during times like this meeting and my Dr. appointments (if it's not the ipad then it's food).  We got a timeline that they will be following as closely as possible, so it's nice to be able to see what progress should be taking place and when; especially since we're so far from the building site.  They broke ground last Tuesday, the 14th.  Moving a little dirt may not sound like a big deal, but I had been looking forward to that date forever since it meant that we should at least start seeing progress.  We stopped at the site on Sunday on our way back from IA.  There was indeed a hole with some concrete in it.  They are hoping that we will be able to close around Nov. 28th.  I hope that they are right because I'm already making arrangements for my family to come help us move in the first weekend of Dec...yes Lisa & Brent that's you!  :)

Friday morning I had another Dr's appt. with my OB.  Ava came with again and couldn't wait to hear the baby's heartbeat.  It was thankfully once again strong and 152 beats per minute.  I asked my Dr. if my stomach is measuring okay since I feel as though I'm so much bigger this time around.  She said that it's perfect and that the baby is just long...hopefully he's more coordinated than Ava and we'll have a basketball player.  I now start my every two week appointments.  When I think about how I'm only 31 weeks pregnant I feel like I still have so long to go.  However, I know that time will fly with how busy we are.  I'm enjoying my time with Miss Ava and praying every day that she adapts well to having to share her time with us when the little guy arrives. 

Ava has adapted to living with Mema & Boppa much better than I would have ever anticipated.  She still wakes up earlier than she ever did at home, but overall she's done very well.  She sleeps well in her big girl bed at night, and we've been doing fairly well with potty training.  Unfortunately we had an accident Friday morning.  I was of course getting ready, trying to finish packing for our trip to IA, and then get out the door in time for my Dr's appt.  She comes running into our bedroom and told me she peed.  She definitely had!  So, I picked up all of her play food out of the puddle of pee to disinfect them, soaked up the pee puddles, scrubbed the floor, threw her in the tub for a quick scrub down, scrubbed the floor again (carpet of course, she couldn't have peed on the hard wood floors), got her dressed, scrubbed the floor again, and ran out the door.  Luckily everybody drives 12 mph over the speed limit so I blended right into traffic and still made it to my appointment only 2 minutes late after a bathroom break.

Ava and I had lunch downtown and then headed over to pick Daddy up so that we could head back to IA for my annual girls get together with my high school friends.  That night we got to see Grandma & Grandpa for a short time before they left town on Saturday morning.  Grandma Great was nice enough to come down and see us for a bit.  Then on Saturday, the 6 of us girls and our families gathered for lunch.  It was so great to see this group of girls again, and all the spouses and kids.  After lunch we all went our separate ways so that we could drop our kids (and spouses) off so that just us girls could get together to catch up over dinner.  Nate and Uncle Craig got to spend the afternoon golfing while Aunt Darlene took Ava.  A HUGE thanks to Aunt Darlene for taking her.  From what she told me at 6 am on Sunday, she had a great time.  :)  It was so nice to get to spend some quiet time catching up with these amazing woman over dinner.  These friendships go back to our freshmen year of high school.  I am so grateful to have these women in my life.  Thanks for a great day ladies!!!

Sunday morning we left to head back home to the cities.  By the time that we stopped for lunch, stopped at our building site, and made a few stops in Maple Grove it was getting late by the time that we got home.  I was hoping to go shopping for some clothes since I have two outfits that fit me.  Unfortunately that will have to wait for another day.  Good thing that I wear scrubs to work every day. 

So those are the highlights of our past two weeks.  Hope that you're enjoying this beautiful weather!

Lyndsey, Steph, Jenny, Lisa, Nikki, and me after enjoying a great dinner together
It's not much now, but it will eventually be home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment