Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pee in the potty (for real this time)

Big day here at the Veldman household...Ava peed in the potty on her own. We got home from running errands and I was changing her diaper. She told me, "poop, pee, potty" so off to the potty chair we went (like so many other times with no expectations). We gathered her ducks, she sat down, and went pee right away. I started clapping and cheering and she looked at me like I was crazy. Then she started to smile and clapping for herself as well. Maybe we can start this potty training sooner rather than later.

On another note, I've been trying to figure out how to disciple this cute, stubborn, and too smart for her own good child. Time outs do not work, as I can not get her to sit and then once she starts to get up she thinks it's a fun game to try to get up every time that I put her back in the chair. For the the last week or so she's been throwing her cup on the floor at the end of her meals. The other day I told her it was naughty and that it made me sad when she's naughty. The next day I took her hand and slapped it, telling her "no" when she did it. Well yesterday she took her cup and threw it on the floor. She then looked at me and said, "naughty" (with a smile on her face), then said, "you sad" and made a frowny face. When I went to wipe her up she slapped at my hand and said "slap slap, naughty". I don't know where she learned the word slap, but I guess we won't be doing that anymore. I can just see her going to daycare and hitting people. So, back to the drawing board for disciple techniques. Perhaps ignoring her actions will work...or is that bad? I guess we'll find out.

White Duck & Orange Duck are Ava's potty buddies. She has to have them every time we sit on the potty. Here she is after her big accomplishment today.
Good Job Ava-Bug!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment