Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rough start

We had a bit of a rough start to our day. Ava has decided that biting while breastfeeding is a lot of fun. Since she thinks the word "no" and "stop" are funny, this only encourages her to bite harder as she is smiling and laughing through the jaw clench. I ended up pumping both of her feedings this morning, in fear that I would soon need to have my nipples surgically reattached if she got anywhere near them again. She did fine before her bedtime feeding tonight. Perhaps this is because she was so exhausted. I've started to wean the breastfeeding, but wasn't ready to stop today. However, if the biting continues we'll be stopping much quicker than anticipated.

After the whole biting incident this morning I went up to change her diaper and get her dressed for the day. The little turkey had pooped so much is squished out the side of her diaper and she had poop in her pj's. So, it soon became bath time. Luckily our day did get better...Daddy came home early so that I could go and get my hair cut. We made a quick trip to Target and then called it a day.

Oh, one more things...Ava has started to give kisses. It's the cutest thing (at least to us as parents). She puckers her little lips and then lightly blows on your lips. It's so cute (except for when she was leaning in to give me a kiss and she burped and then blew it in my mouth...just fit with our day). Hope you had a good day!

Ava deciding what to wear while we waited for her bath to fill up...
She decided on shoes only

No comments:

Post a Comment